AHFA is recognised as Australia’s largest industry-awards competition and ceremony, which attracts tens of thousands of entries from salons, professionals and industry experts across Australia. Entries are judged by a panel of international industry professionals, each of whom brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the judging process.
The Challenge and the Opportunity
During the briefing stage, we identified the following key challenges:
1. Lack of consumer awareness
2. Lack of industry awareness (podiatrists and dermatologists)
3. No e-commerce platform for operation
4. No underlying strategy for launch
5. Zero available content for publishing
Although previously launched in 2002, nailKALM® had not achieved the level of market traction required for taking the brand into more competitive grounds. Our work included identifying the key traits which would help to reposition nailKALM® as Australia’s most efficacious anti-fungal lotion.
Other competitors such as Scholl®, Rejuvenail® and Canesten® all have well established market share and 7-figure marketing budgets. With a limited budget on hand, we advised that nailKALM® should pursue a prudent digital-only campaign that reaches both practitioners and consumers across select channels of relevance, with the goal of achieving ROI within 6-12 months of launch.
Our work to date has included the following:
• The development of an adaptive and proactive media channel plan for nailKALM® which identifies, qualifies and secures the unique channels for positioning nailKALM® into the Australian consumer and trade market segments during 2016-2018
• Establishing and prioritising key milestone events for launch to suit both segments (consumers and practitioners)
• Developing an in-depth content suite consisting of consumer advice, digital content, videos (informational and marketing), appealing photo imagery to suit varying lifestyle types and audiences, documentation of efficacy through patient use and case studies, clinical data, news and media articles, social media posts, search marketing advertising and e-commerce store marketing.
• The UX planning, design, build and launch of a sophisticated Magento v2.1 website with global transaction capabilities, accounting and inventory management integration for effective conversions, campaign reporting and sales and order fulfillment across consumer and wholesaler markets
For our prudent digital consumer campaign, we used the following channels and methods:
• Social media channels and influential communities across Australia & NZ
• Search marketing channels and multi-lingual contextual marketing
• Display advertising with re-targeting support with TGA compliant content
• Online reputation building and protection strategy and management
• Content creation and localisation to suit varying lifestyle, demographic and industry segments
• Continual content, e-commerce and campaign optimisation and support for improved user-interface and user-experience to ensure maximum conversions on e-commerce store
Platform® successfully achieved the following outcomes for nailKALM® over the past 12 months:
• Globally adaptive e-commerce platform for consumer and wholesaler trading
• Significant increases in audience following through online marketing
• Improved awareness of benefits of use and unique selling points across social media through science-orientated marketing (inc. clinical studies, case studies etc).
• Increased consumer advocacy by 517%
• Record number of in-proactive and distributor orders via online PR and direct marketing incentives
• ROI achieved during first 6 months of launch
Say hello to experience what Platform
can do for your business.
We’d be delighted to show you our
work, tell you more about the
great results we’ve achieved for our clients,
or answer any questions you may have.
To find our more contact
Daniel Abraham on (02) 9911 7788 or
send an enquiry using the form below.
Sydney (Head Office): L 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2060
Shanghai: 5/F, No.89 Taixing Lu, Jing’an District, Shanghai China
Sydney (Head Office):
L 40, 100 Miller Street,
NSW, Australia, 2060
5/F, No.89 Taixing Lu,
Jing’an District, Shanghai